[McIDAS #OOU-886381]: McIDAS setup

Hi Mark,

re:
> At the 2009 AMS annual meeting in Phoenix, I won a thumb drive with the
> "McIDAS TrueCrypt" on it. (among other things). The README.txt file
> instructed me to email this address to decrypt the McIDAS X volume. I am
> currently a graduate student at UW-Madison and will not re-distribute
> the software. What do I need to do to decrypt the software?

Since the distribution you got on the thumbdrive is now old, I strongly
suggest that you do not use that distribution.  Instead, I suggest that
you:

- register with the Unidata website (required to download software from us):

  Unidata HomePage
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Click on the Login link at the top right of the page and follow directions.

  Make sure to specify your affiliation as being university as this will
  allow you access to Unidata McIDAS-X/-XCD.

- download and install the current distribution of Unidata McIDAS-X, v2009f
  (soon to be v2009g)

Ticket ID: OOU-886381
Department: Support McIDAS