[McIDAS #VZT-561444]: WWDISP

Hi Paul,

re: what bulletin did you see the BLIZZARD watch(es) in?

> The blizzard watch is a WSW but not as a Winter Storm Watch. Chicago had
> theirs at http://kamala.cod.edu/offs/KLOT/1101311738.wwus43.html

Given this, I would bet that the watch would be lumped into the Winter Storm
watches.

re:
> But it was no called a winter storm watch but a blizzard watch.

Yes, but that is likely to not be official.  I will, however, run this by
the SSEC folks to see what they say.

re:
> The Blizzard warnings have now come in. see
> http://climate.cod.edu/data/nexrad/USA.wwonly.gif

Yup, I've been plotting these right along.  Here is one example:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/tom/gifs/nexrcomp_wwdisp_2011031_2350.jpg

Ticket ID: VZT-561444
Department: Support McIDAS