[McIDAS #NGM-207442]: mcidas

Hi Sepide,

re:
> but why would it have lat over space?

All that IMGCOPY is doing is creating a pixel in the output image
for each pixel in the input image.  The pixels that are not over the
earth can not have valid lat,lons as that is an earth-based reference.
The values that are assigned should be treated as missing data values.

re:
> the area that i indicated in the NOAA website to get the data from is
> specific and over amazon forest.

If you display the image you will see that it includes points in space
and over the region that you are interested in.

re:
> Also when i get the stations separately it contains the lat and lon that the
> file creating with your command does not have it and instead it has lat and
> lon over the space

I do not understand what you are trying to tell me.  If you IMGCOPY a portion
of the original image and all of that portion is over the earth, then each
point in the output netCDF file will have valid latitudes and longitudes.
If a portion of the image being copied contains space, then a bogus/missing
value
will be assigned for those pixel's latitudes and longitudes.  This way, the
pixel values will not be kept in the copy.

Ticket ID: NGM-207442
Department: Support McIDAS