[McIDAS #HIF-234168]: Solaris 10 and McIDAS-X update

Hi Robert,

re:
> Ok, blowing everything away did it although I have no clue why.  Maybe
> simplifying path helped, but as I said there is not netcdf in /opt.  I will
> try applying the update on another workstation and then the servers tomorrow
> and see what happens.  I had initially tried just the mcupdate on this box
> and when I got the error I downloaded the entire tar file.

I think that a snippit from one of your emails this afternoon answered the
question about why there was a conflict in the bit size of the netCDF
library and the McIDAS build:

cd ~mcidas/mcidas2009/netcdf/ncdump
file ncdump
ncdump: ELF 32-bit LSB executable 80386 Version 1, dynamically linked, not
stripped

This is correct.

re:
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2009/netcdf/libsrc
ls -alt libnetcdf*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mcidas wx 889564 Aug 30 19:21 libnetcdf.a
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mcidas wx 873 Aug 26 2009 libnetcdf.la
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mcidas wx 858 Aug 26 2009 libnetcdf2.la

This shows that these libraries had not been rebuilt since late
August.  Too bad they were blown away before using 'file' on
them to see if they were 32-bit or 64-bit.

I am guessing that a build on August 30 was made that produced
a libnetcdf.a file that was 64-bit.  The link specification
for netCDF in the McIDAS makefile specifically points at this
file, so it was of an ELFCLASS that is different than what
was needed for the current McIDAS builds.

By the way, doing a 'make clobber' as user 'mcidas' in the
~mcidas/mcidas2009/src directory is all that should have been
needed to do before building from scratch.  Blowing away the
entire directory works as well, of course :-)

I am going to assume that everything is OK now.  Please let me
know if I am wrong in this view.

Ticket ID: HIF-234168
Department: Support McIDAS