[McIDAS #DPX-653014]: The mcenv command

Hi Francisco,

re: I am unable to SSH to atmos.uprm.edu

> I will verify this, I know atmos.uprm.edu's port 22 is open,
> 136.145.123.167 isn't. Keep trying, if not I will verify it then.

I just tried again from a machine in Unidata (laraine.unidata.ucar.edu,
128.117.140.62) without success.

I then tried from a machine we manage at NSF headquarters in Vienna,
Virginia, and I _am_ able to get in.  I then SSHed to 136.145.123.167...

I suggest simplifying the content of .profile -- remove the definitions
related to McIDAS and replace them with the recommended setup in:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/PreparingthemcidasAccount.html

The reason for this is it will make incorporation of any new settings automatic
when your McIDAS installation is updated/upgraded in the future.

I didn't do anything more when logged into 136.145.123.167 because I see that
there
are two invocations of 'mcenv' that are already running:

$ ps -u mcidas
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
 5062 ?        00:00:00 sshd
 5063 pts/0    00:00:00 bash
 5186 pts/0    00:00:00 mcenv
 5193 pts/0    00:00:00 bash
 5210 pts/0    00:00:00 mcenv
 5217 pts/0    00:00:00 bash
 5538 ?        00:00:00 sshd
 5539 pts/1    00:00:00 bash
 5602 pts/1    00:00:00 ps

I need to get back to my meeting now.  More later...

Ticket ID: DPX-653014
Department: Support McIDAS