[McIDAS #SMX-272962]: mcidas question

Hi Sepideh,

re:
> I found the DSSERVE but i couldn't figure out how to make a database

Hmm... I am not sure what you mean by database.

Here is an example that illustrates the use of the DSSERVE command to
create an ADDE dataset.  For the purpose of this example, let's assume
that the AREA files you have are in the /data/mcidas/GOES-7 directory
and are named AREA0001, AREA0002, AREA0003, AREA0004, ..., AREA0009:

- first, start a McIDAS-X session

- from the McIDAS Text and Command window, run the DSSERVE command
  to create a dataset from the images you have:

DSSERVE ADD TEST/GOES7 AREA DIRFILE=/data/mcidas/GOES7/AREA000* "GOES-7 images

- test the dataset you must created:

IMGLIST TEST/GOES7.ALL

Did you get a listing?  If no, there was some problem in running DSSERVE.
If yes, you can now list information from any specific image, display it,
etc.:

IMGLIST TEST/GOES7.1 FORM=ALL

IMGDISP TEST/GOES7 MAG=-3

The IMGDISP command may or may not work.  It may not work as listed if
the images you have are multibanded (multiple wavelength channels in the
same AREA file).  If that is the case, do the following:

IMGLIST TEST/GOES-7.1 FORM=BAND
IMGDISP TEST/GOES-7.1 BAND=1 MAG=-3
etc.

You can learn more about DSSERVE, IMGLIST, and IMGDISP from the McIDAS
User's Guide:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/toc.html

  Commands by Alphabetical Order

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/CommandsbyAlphabeticalOrder.html#26670

re:
> I have my images in area format (from GOES7) on a directory on our server

Is the directory the images are stored on the server accessible to the machine
you want to run McIDAS on?

re:
> The software is bought fron MIT

"Bought" from MIT?  Are you a student at MIT?

Ticket ID: SMX-272962
Department: Support McIDAS