[McIDAS #KKZ-819804]: Accounting data for ADDE Text server on ADDE.CISE-NSF.GOV and ADDE.UCAR.EDU

Hi Matthew,

re:
> I wanted to ask about the access to the ADDE group dataset RTWXTEXT
> on ADDE.CISE-NSF.GOV and ADDE.UCAR.EDU   In using the data from these
> servers since the start of this semester, I have found that  I'm getting
> "Accounting data was not valid" when trying to access data there.
> There seems to be a need for a LOGON command required to get data from
> these servers:   If so, what is the password and logon initials?

There is no imposed restriction for any of the data we make available
via ADDE, so getting an "Accounting data was not valid" message should
not have happened.

Question:

- can you send us the exact command(s)/procedure you were using when
  you started getting this(these) message(s)?

re:
> If this data is now restricted - is there another ADDE server to get
> RTWXTEXT data from?

There is no McIDAS-imposed accounting restriction.  If the problem is real
(i.e., if I can verify it from either Unidata or non-Unidata machines
once I know exactly what you were attempting to do), we will figure out
why there is a problem and rectify it.

re:
> Thank you!

No worries.