[Support #EKS-250358]: McIDAS-X and IPv6

Hi Sean,

re:
> Does McIDAS-X support IPv6?

To my knowledge, the ADDE portion of McIDAS-X (the data server portion)
has only been tried under IPv4.  I am not 100% of this, however.

Since you work for a non-educational institution (Harris Corp.) it is
most likely that you get McIDAS-X directly from the University of Wisconsin's
Space Science and Engineering Center (UW/SSEC).  If this is true, you should
be a member of the McIDAS Users Group (MUG) at SSEC.  If this is true, you
can ask the SSEC/MUG folks directly if McIDAS-X works with IPv6:

McIDAS Users Group <address@hidden>

They may have run tests under IPv6 that I am now aware of.

Ticket ID: EKS-250358
Department: Support McIDAS