[McIDAS #YUY-407544]: GOES-West Availability from SSEC ADDE

Hi Fred,

re:
> I am setting up software to switch between a primary and backup ADDE
> site.  I am using the UNIDATA as the primary and the UNIDATA2.SSEC as
> the backup.  In testing out the backup, I noticed that the SSEC
> GOES-west data is for May 27th.  The GOES-east data is current.

I will check into why the GOES-West data stopped updating on
unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu.

re:
> I also noticed that the Unidata document on publically accessible
> McIDAS ADDE servers does not list the GOESEAST.UNIDATA.UCAR.EDU and
> GOESWEST.UNIDATA.UCAR.EDU sites.  Is there a reason for not being on
> the page.

I really should update the page to reflect the availability of GOES-East
and GOES-West data.

re:
> Are these ADDE sites publically available or are they
> restricted to Unidata community access?

They are publically accessible.

Ticket ID: YUY-407544
Department: Support McIDAS