[Support #JQA-650556]: ADDE Image Servers for GOES-12 and GOES-13

Hi Walter,

re:
> I have been looking  image servers to compare the calibration values
> of GOES-12 and GOES-13 against our own images from GOES-12 and
> GOES-13, but I cannot found any server with these kind of images. I
> have tried using differents servers, such as goessouth.unidata.ucar.edu
> and satepsanone.nesdis.noaa.gov, which are publicated in
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/adde_servers.html. I also
> used other two servers, published by NOAA, which are
> satespdist2e.nesdis.noaa.gov and  satepsdist3e.nesdis.noaa.gov, but I
> am not pretty sure if they are still active.

satepsanone.nesdis.noaa.gov is still active.  I was able to access
the PUB dataset from it, and see that it has current GOES-East
(GOES-13) and GOES-West (GOES-11) data.  As far as I know, NOAA does
not make GOES South America (from GOES-12) data available by ADDE.

re:
> Could you please send me some information about or the servers which
> could have this kind of images?

We (Unidata Program Center/UCAR) maintain ingesters for GOES-East,
GOES-West, and GOES-South and provide open ADDE access to the
data they ingest:

ADDE Dataset  Server
EAST          goeseast.unidata.ucar.edu
WEST          goeswest.unidata.ucar.edu
SOUTH         goessouth.unidata.ucar.edu

NB: These servers are designed for non-operational (casual) use.  We make
no guarantee of their availability, content, or data accuracy.

After seeing Rick Kohr's note to you, I updated the ADDE descriptions
for the SOUTH datasets on goessouth.unidata.ucar.edu.

Ticket ID: JQA-650556
Department: Support McIDAS