[McIDAS #MPZ-243939]: New NEXRAD Level III Radar products

Hi Rick,

re: what to return for dBZ values
> We should probably go finer.

I will take a look at this in the next couple of days.  I do not,
however, think that this should hold-up the inclusion of support
for the new products in the next fastrack/release.

re:
> I'm also hoping that we can make the same
> brightness be associated with the same echo value between the 2 radar
> types.  For example, a brightness value (new) of 167 is an echo value of
> 60, where as it is 160 for the old stuff.

This is likely not possible given that the "low resolution" images values
are in bins whose widths are set in the image itself and the "high resolution"
images have a one-to-one correspondence between "raw" value and "calibrated"
equivalent. Also, all images set the relationship between "raw" value and its
"calibrated" equivalent. Changing this would be tricky at best and error prone
at worst.

The last thing to note is that the "low resolution" images will be removed
from NOAAPort in the December time frame, so making "low resolution" images
match the "high resolution" ones would only have an impact for a short period
of time.

Ticket ID: MPZ-243939
Department: Support McIDAS