[IDD #QHT-474515]: McIDAS feed from unidata

Hi Hsie,

re:
> I am losing McIDAS satellite data from April 14, 2010 (to both
> rainbow.al.noaa.gov and stratus.al.noaa.gov).  Could someone help me
> find out why???

I am assuming that you are talking about the images in the IDD UNIWISC
datastream that are organized into various RTIMAGES datasets in McIDAS...

I compared the volume of UNIWISC images that you (rainbow and stratus) are
receiving with the volume that we (uni3.unidata.ucar.edu) are receiving,
and they are the same.  This tells me that the problem is likely in the
ADDE dataset definitions for the RTIMAGES datasets on your machines.
Based on this guess, and since I am able to login as 'mcidas' to both
rainbow and stratus, I took the liberty of logging in and examining the
ADDE dataset definitions for RTIMAGES.  What I found was that they all
explicitly include reference to GOES-12.  As of April 14, GOES-12 was
replaced by GOES-13 as GOES-East.  This implies that the dataset definitions
needed to be changed to account for the change.  I did this by modifying
the dataset definitions to reference 'GOES-1[23]' instead of 'GOES-12'.
I think you will find that you can once again access/display/use the
current images in RTIMAGES.

Ticket ID: QHT-474515
Department: Support IDD