[McIDAS #GTQ-654343]: Re: 20100219: Inquiry 14708 updated (cont.)

Hi Barry and Kevin,

re:
> Thanks for correcting me about the meaning of "high resolution" in
> this case - I was thinking (incorrectly) that it meant higher spatial
> resolution.

I was surprised also.  The NWS is the party responsible for referring
to the new Level III images as high resolution, and that naturally
leads one to think that the spatial resolution is higher.

re:
> But with them having more display levels (up to 256), I would think that
> means that we will have to create new enhancements

So far, I have not seen any situations where a more detailed enhancement
table would impart any more information.  I have a feeling that this will
change as we go into convective season.

re:
> If you find that
> you must make new enhancement files please be sure to share them with us
> (we'll do likewise).

Will do.  We need to discuss the need for "higher resolution" color tables
here in Unidata, so that will likely drive my efforts.

Ticket ID: GTQ-654343
Department: Support McIDAS