[McIDAS #MXX-488679]: FW: [gembud] Level 3 data changes

Hi Robert,

re:
> Do you know if SSEC and then you guys are going to add support for
> the new NIDS Level III products to McIDAS?

I updated the Nexrad servers (nexradir and nexraget) to support
both the new "high resolution" Level III products and the TDWR
products yesterday afternoon.  I intend to make the addendum to
Unidata McIDAS v2009 later today.

FYI: I have been testing the code on my own Fedora 12 64bit
workstation, on my home Fedora 10 32bit workstation, and on the
Unidata-operated, toplevel machines adde.ucar.edu and ingest.cise-nsf.gov
both of which run Solaris 10 x86.

You access the new "high resolution" products and TDWR radars
right now via remote ADDE access to either of the two toplevel
machines I reference above.  The only problems you will find
are the need for updates to the McIDAS station database for
the TDWRs.  I am including an updated STNDB.SITE file in
my addendum that has correct locations for the TDWRs, but
the elevation information is likely to not be accurate.

For reference, the addendum will add support for:

RTNEXRAD/N0Q - Base Reflectivity DR Tilt 1
RTNEXRAD/NAQ - Base Reflectivity DR Tilt 2
RTNEXRAD/N1Q - Base Reflectivity DR Tilt 3
RTNEXRAD/NBQ - Base Reflectivity DR Tilt 4
RTNEXRAD/N2Q - Base Reflectivity DR Tilt 5
RTNEXRAD/N3Q - Base Reflectivity DR Tilt 6
RTNEXRAD/N0U - Base Velocity DV Tilt 1
RTNEXRAD/NAU - Base Velocity DV Tilt 2
RTNEXRAD/N1U - Base Velocity DV Tilt 3
RTNEXRAD/NBU - Base Velocity DV Tilt 4
RTNEXRAD/N2U - Base Velocity DV Tilt 5
RTNEXRAD/N3U - Base Velocity DV Tilt 6
RTNEXRAD/DVL - Digital Vertical Liquid H2O
RTNEXRAD/EET - Enhanced Echo Tops

RTNEXRAD/TR0 - Base Reflectivity TDWR Tilt 1
RTNEXRAD/TR1 - Base Reflectivity TDWR Tilt 2
RTNEXRAD/TR2 - Base Reflectivity TDWR Tilt 3
RTNEXRAD/TV0 - Base Velocity TDWR Tilt 1
RTNEXRAD/TV1 - Base Velocity TDWR Tilt 2
RTNEXRAD/TV2 - Base Velocity TDWR Tilt 3
RTNEXRAD/TZL - Base Reflectivity TDWR 225 nm

Also, the enhancement and stretch tables for the new products
are not yet made, but the old enhancement tables work/look OK.

Ticket ID: MXX-488679
Department: Support McIDAS