[McIDAS #GRF-272229]: Open Square symbol for McIDAS ZA command?

Hi Greg,

Sorry for the tardy reply...

re:
> I'm trying to plot some trajectories on top of a satellite image
> and I'd like to use an open square symbol for some of the trajectory
> points. Assuming it's possible, how would I specify this particular
> symbol for the ZA command?

Unfortunately, ZA does not have the ability to draw arbitrary shapes.
The set of symbols that it understands is depicted in the McIDAS
Users Guide page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/ZA.html

As you will see from the table just above the Examples section, the
symbols you can draw are limited.  Hopefully, one of these will be
suitable for your purposes.

If you really need to draw a box, then try using the ZLM command
in tandem with the PC command:  PC to move the cursor to the
location where you want to draw the box, and then ZLM BOX to draw
the box:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/ZLM.html

Ticket ID: GRF-272229
Department: Support McIDAS