[McIDAS #ZFH-826593]: GOES EAST Ingestor Not Available via ADDE

Hi Fred,

re:
> The ADDE ingestor started to respond to inquiries by Friday, but
> there still is no GOES-east data.  I think the antenna is full of
> snow.  Could you have someone check if the east antenna has snow in
> it and then brush out the snow.

The problem with GOES-East ingestion is much more complicated than
the dish being filled with snow.  After routine upgrade of a number
of packages installed on the machine using Blastwave, the SDI driver
that needs to load at boot now causes the machine to go into an
endless reboot cycle.  Without this driver, the SDI ingestion code
will not work.  I have not had a chance to talk to my system administrator
about options since we were both out of work last Wed-Thu during the
large snow storm we had, and he works from home on Fridays.  I will
be discussing the situation with him today when I get into the office
to see what options we may have for resurrecting the GOES-East data
ingest.

re:
> I tried to go back to the SSEC ADDE Unidata2 site, but there was no
> data on the server.  Has Unidata terminated the support for that ADDE
> server?

No, that should be working.  I will check it out.

re:
> Is there any other GOES ingestor ADDE server that is
> available for backup access of CONUS data?  I checked the NESDIS PUB
> (SATEPDSIST4E.NESDIS.NOAA.GOV) which has GOES-east full disk and
> Northern Hemisphere, but no CONUS data.

The only freely accessible GOES-East/West ADDE servers that I know
are operated by NOAA/ESPC.  The one I typically use,
SATEPSANONE.NESDIS.NOAA.GOV,
also has Full Disk and Northern Hemisphere scans only.

Again, I will check into why the EAST data on unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu is
not working currently.

Ticket ID: ZFH-826593
Department: Support McIDAS