[McIDAS #ZDH-972490]: Problem compiling McIDAS-X 2009 on Solaris 10

Hi Robert,

re: build failure on Solaris 10 Update 8 using Sun Studio 12 Update 1

> Yeah I had no problem doing an upgrade on a 2008 system.

Question:

- was the successful upgrade done on a different machine?

> This is a new install.  See below for .cshrc file.

OK.

I just looked through the ~mcidas/mcidas2009/tcl/unix config.status and
Makefile files on three different Solaris 10 x86_64 machines on which McIDAS
v2009 was recently built using Sun compilers, and there is no mention of 'ieee'.
I do, however, see a reference to '-ieee' in the config.status and Makefile
files on my Fedora 10 Linux box.

Here is the relevant line from the ~mcidas/mcidas2009/tcl/unix/Makefile on
Fedora 10 Linux:

LIBS            = -ldl  -lieee -lm

Here is the same line from the Makefile on one of the Solaris 10 machines:

LIBS            = -ldl  -lsocket -lnsl -lsunmath -lm

Questions:

- what does the LIBS line look like on your Solaris system?

- how is CC defined in the same file?

re: .cshrc file contents:

Your .cshrc file looks fine with respect to how the McIDAS environment
variables get defined.  What I can not comment on is the contents of
/etc/skel/local.cshrc:

> # C-shell environment variable definitions for the user 'mcidas'
> source /etc/skel/local.cshrc

Is it possible that this file is defining something that is causing the
problem?

Scratching my head here in Boulder...

Ticket ID: ZDH-972490
Department: Support McIDAS