[McIDAS #MDD-590444]: McIdas access for the FAA Technical Center

Hi Ernest,

re:
> I would like to obtain access to McIdas, the purpose is to support the FAA
> NexGen
> Weather Group in its activities. The activities involve the research,
> production,
> evaluation and test of new tools and products to support the National Airspace
> System.

Unfortunately, we are not able to give you access to our distribution of McIDAS,
Unidata McIDAS-X.  Unidata's license to distribute McIDAS-X is limited to
educational
institutions.  You need to contact the McIDAS User's Group (MUG) folks at the
Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC) at the University of Wisconsin at
Madison,
the primary developers and owners of McIDAS:

McIDAS Users Group <address@hidden>

For your convenience, I have CCed the MUG on this reply.

> Site Name :FAA William J Hughes Technical Center
> Contact name: Ernest J Sessa
> 609.485.5513
> address@hidden
> Hostname: iag1.tc.faa.gov
>
> Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Once you are fully licensed for McIDAS-X use by SSEC, and as long as you
remain a member in good standing in the MUG, we would be able to provide
you access to our distribution of McIDAS.  This may be useful to you given
your planned adoption of the LDM for use in your activities.

Ticket ID: MDD-590444
Department: Support McIDAS