[McIDAS #EXQ-796373]: McIDAS install

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> After I walked away, threw some foam against the wall, and ate 65 hot
> dogs in under 5 minutes...I tried again.
>
> I can't believe what I missed.
>
> I thought I fixed the .bash_profile in the McIDAS account.
>
> D'OH!

You did exactly what you should have done in the circumstance: walk away, get
something to eat, and let your mind recharge!  I am happy to hear that you
got things working on your own as this will make things easier for you in
the future!!

> Well, once I fixed to what it should be, AND added a path to
> /home/mcidas/batches, why, not only did it compile, BUT when I tried one
> of Paul's batch files, it worked!

Fantastic!

> Paul, can you change your scripts to do what Tom said? If anything is
> missing, move it from the /home/mcidas_old directory.

I will take a peek later today to see what I can see.  By the way,
what is the website that should be populated with the generated
images/graphics?

> Sorry, Tom. I had spent a lot of time banging my head and I was
> frustrated.

No worries.  I am glad you figured things out on your own.  Other than my
comment about things being easier for you going forward, I need to do my AMS
presentation today, so I am just about out of time for much else (I agonize
over writing papers and doing presentations :-()

All's well that ends better ;-)

Ticket ID: EXQ-796373
Department: Support McIDAS