[McIDAS #EXQ-796373]: McIDAS install

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> I just deleted your message by accident...sorry...but I read it before I
> deleted it. I wonder why my setup is working then? I don't have
> home/mcidas/bin referenced. In any case, I just changed Paul's line to
> read, in his kickoff script:
>
> MCPATH=${MCDATA}:$MCHOME/data:$MCHOME/help:$MCHOME/workdata:$MCHOME/batches:$MCHOME/bin
>
> That should do it...

Here are my previous email's comments about what MCPATH is used for:

  MCPATH specifies a list of colon-separated directories
  that McIDAS will look through when looking for a data or anciallary data
  file (ancillary data files are things like enhancements, stretch tables,
  map files, etc.). Paul's *kickoff scripts correctly added directories
  that are additions to the "standard" locations to the end of MCPATH.
  "Standard" directories included in MCPATH for the user 'mcidas' are:

  With MCHOME defined to be /home/mcidas::

  MCDATA - most typically $MCHOME/workdata
  $MCHOME/data - the installation location of ancillary data files from
  the McIDAS distribution
  $MCHOME/help - the installation location of McIDAS HELP files

  Paul's *kickoff scripts added the following two directories to this:

  $MCDATA/cod
  $MCHOME/batches

  PATH, on the other hand, is a colon separated list of directories that
  *nix looks through when looking for executables. So, if batch.k is not
  being found, the PATH that is in scope does not contain the directory
  in which batch.k lives.

Given this, your modifications to MCPATH on Paul's machine should have no
effect _IF_ the problem is that batch.k can not be found.  If batch.k
can not be found, then the PATH setting is incorrect, or batch.k is
inexplicably missing from Paul's /home/mcidas/bin directory.

Ticket ID: EXQ-796373
Department: Support McIDAS