[McIDAS #PDW-724322]: McIDAS access

Hi George,

re:
> Thanks for your prompt response to my McIDAS query.

No worries.

> You requested that I
> provide you with a statement that specifies all of the following:
>
> - you are accessing McIDAS from Unidata for use in a university
> - McIDAS must be used for academic classroom instruction or academic research
>   by students related to obtaining a degree
> - your installation of McIDAS is not for use by a government agency,
> non-academic
>   research institute, or private concern
> - you agree that you will not re-distribute any portion of the software
>

> Here is that statement.
>
> i)   I will be accessing McIDAS for use in a University, the University of
>      Wollongong in Australia, where I am a member of the School of
>      Engineering Physics.
> ii)  McIDAS wiil be used by research students studying under my
>      supervision for Honours and higher degrees.
> iii) My installation of McIDAS is not for use by a government agency,
>      non-academic research institute or private concern.
> iv)  I agree not to re-distribute any portion of the software.

Excellent!  Again, I apologize for making you jump through this hoop!

> Some background regarding my interests. For some years I have been
> conducting research in  medical physics, but with an increasing interest
> in atmospheric sciences. This year I co-supervised an Honours student
> studying soil nox emissions from Australian soils. This coincides with
> the near completion of PhD and Masters degrees in medical physics by
> students I am currently supervising. This has led me to decide to move
> fully from medical physics to atmospheric sciences. I am presently
> exploring what tools are available to assist with the analysis and
> visualisation of atmospheric data, hence my interest in McIDAS.

This sounds very interesting indeed.

> Please let me know if you require any further information.

No, that's it.

You will receive an email as soon as our McIDAS exceptions list has been
updated to allow your access.  Please remember that the exceptions list
will specify that your Unidata login name is the email address included
in your original request, address@hidden.

> Thanks,

No worries.  Welcome to the Unidata community!

Ticket ID: PDW-724322
Department: Support McIDAS