[McIDAS #VZO-261259]: MUG

Hi João,

re:
> My name is João Caetano
>
> I work at the OFFICE OF ENVIROMENT AND WATER RESOURCES, Bureau of
> Meterology in Maceió, Alagoas. Brazil.
>
> I would like very much to join the McIDAS Users Group (MUG), because
> we are developing a project with the purpose to do researches and
> cooperate with the increase on the weather forecast for the Estates
> of East Coast of Northeastern Brazil, mainly the Estate of Alagoas
> that requires the LDM, GEMPAK and McIDAS data

The McIDAS Users Group (MUG) is run by the folks at the Space Science and
Engineering Center (SSEC) at the University of Wisconsin at Madison
(UW-Madison).
The email address for MUG support is:

address@hidden

It is unclear to me if you wish to obtain McIDAS-X for use in your educational
institution:

Graduando do Instituto de Ciências Atmosféricas
Bolsista de Iniciação Científica, PIBIC/CNPq
Universidade Federal de Alagoas)

or for your government affiliation:

Diretoria de Meteorologia do Estado de Alagoas
Secretaria do Estado do Meio Ambiente e Recursos Hídricos

Your intended use of McIDAS-X, however, indicates to me that
it will not be used for educational uses in the pursuit of a degree by
students.  Please let me know if this is, in fact, the case.

If your use of McIDAS does not fit the guidelines set forth by SSEC for sites
that Unidata is allowed to give access to McIDAS-X:

  "SSEC considers permissible users of the international university community
  to be those who are using McIDAS-X for academic classroom instruction or
  academic research by students related to obtaining a degree. Research
institutes
  and government agencies that use McIDAS-X for meteorological research or
  operations must purchase a license from SSEC for the non-academic use. Given
  this clarification, and if Unidata users remain within the licensing terms
  that include no re-distribution of any portion of the software, SSEC is
agreeable
  to providing this software to the international university Unidata user
community."

you will need to join the MUG in order to get access to McIDAS-X.  However, once
you are a member in good standing of the MUG, you will be allowed access to the
Unidata release of McIDAS-X if you so desire.

To get access to the LDM and GEMPAK, you need to register with our website:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

Click on the 'Login' button at the top of the main page and then click
on the 'Not Yet Registered?' link to begin the registration process.

> Thank you in advance

No worries.

> João Caetano Mancini Vaz,
> Diretoria de Meteorologia do Estado de Alagoas
> Secretaria do Estado do Meio Ambiente e Recursos Hídricos
>
> Graduando do Instituto de Ciências Atmosféricas
> Bolsista de Iniciação Científica, PIBIC/CNPq
> Universidade Federal de Alagoas

Ticket ID: VZO-261259
Department: Support McIDAS