[McIDAS #ZRN-650937]: ask for access for MCIDAS

Hi Andi,

re:
> I got the access for downloading the McIDAS install files.
>
> I tried to download these files from here:
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/ObtainingMcIDAS-XforXP.html
> But the links for the files doesn't work.

I have corrected the links; you should now be able to download the files in the
v2008
release.

One quick comment:  we strongly recommend the user of the *nix (i.e., Unix,
Linux) version
of McIDAS-X as it has all of the Unidata bugfixes, modifications and additions
included
in it.  The Windows version of McIDAS-X is the unaltered version made available
by SSEC.

Also, given the additional packages that one needs to install to run the
Windows XP version
of McIDAS (Microsoft Services for Unix and an X Window server are the biggest),
it is much
easier to get up and running under *nix.

> Thanks for Your help

No worries.  Thank you for alerting me to the broken links!

Ticket ID: ZRN-650937
Department: Support McIDAS