[McIDAS #HIF-706831]: New McIDAS Installation

Hi Paul,

re:
> I hope October finds you well.

So far, so good :-)

> I have heard it has been a very nice fall out in Colorado.

The weather has been absolutely incredible!  I just hope it keeps up, but
snows hard in the mountains (I'm a skiier!).

> I just wanted to let you know in a few days we are upgrading our servers
> to really good and fast machines with a lot of storage, speed and
> memory. Dave was wondering if you would be able to do a fresh install of
> McIDAS rather than him trying to figure things out.

OK.  I'm doing a bunch of McIDAS installations lately, so one or two more
wouldn't
be a problem.

> We will be doing some
> updates soon of McIDAS processes and batch files and would appreciate your
> expertise. Please let me know if and how you would like to proceed.

Will the machine with the current McIDAS installation be available during/just
after the transition?  This would be useful as a reference for how you want/need
McIDAS setup after the build and installation.

Also, in preparation for a build, you should make sure that you have a full
development
environment installed on the machine(s).

Ticket ID: HIF-706831
Department: Support McIDAS