[McIDAS #EAZ-791845]: McX2007

Hi HP,

Sorry for the late reply.  I have been (and am currently) in Florida at the
Spring
AGU meeting...

> Thanks for the effort and success. Before calling  it for today I have
> done a quick look into what Yast2 is giving me when running the Software
> Management task (right?).

Right.

> Searching there for "X11" list a number of modules of installed and
> available modules. when searching for "X11 development" there are no
> modules listed on the install side, whereas on the list of available
> modules is long.

I believe that you would need to search for x11-devel (no spaces),  but
I am not sure if I am remembering this correctly at the moment.  I will
check as soon as I can.

> I am a bit at a loss and would need further guidance, but I fear it will
> be quite difficult with a non-expert like me. Might be we shift this to
> my visit. After all just a couple of weeks more at this moment is not
> much. And the tasks at hand can be solved with IDV due to the fact that
> I can now retrieve archive data to the ADDE server (not too large
> chunks, though).
>
> So proceed as you feel, HP

I think that the "fix" should be easy enough especially since I was able to
build in an openSUSE 10.3 virtual machine under VMware Player with no problems.
Your problem building must be caused by the X11 stuff being in an unexpected
place.
the best approach is to regularize your setup, not to try and figure out a
clever
way around the problem.

Let's work on your development during your visit to  Boulder in June.

Ticket ID: EAZ-791845
Department: Support McIDAS