[McIDAS #AWR-703918]: Re: 20080311: McIDAS for Venezuela

Hola Luis,

I apologize for my _very_ late reply to your email!

re:
> My name is Luis Fernandez, I`m from Venezuela, Vilma talk to you about me.
> Well, we are trying to install McIdas here in Venezuela, well actually, we
> are in evaluation process, i don`t know if maybe you can`t help me about.

Yes, I can help.

> We bought one GOES receptor, so, my question is, can we use McIdas to
> visualize and processing such images?. Our receptor is in UNIX.

It depends.  What GOES reception system did you buy?  If it is an SSEC SDI
unit, then it includes the McIDAS ADDE server for the data being ingested.
If it is a Global Imaging reception system, then data from it should be
usable also.  If it is some other system, then it is most likely that software
would need to be developed to support using the data depending on what the
format is.

By the way, where did you get McIDAS?  Is the organization you are with a
university?

I ask be cause Unidata's license to distribute McIDAS is restricted to
universities.
SSEC has recently provided us with specific guidelines for the sites we can
make McIDAS
available to.

> Thanks

No worries.  Again, I apologize for my late reply.

Ticket ID: AWR-703918
Department: Support McIDAS