[McIDAS #XRR-599672]: Configuring scouring of McIDAS data

Hi Samuel,

re:
> How do I check that there are no old files?  There are some files with the
> "2007" in
> their name(for example  WSR2.152.2007314.2300.1.255.grib), and they're
> creation time
> is in November, however they seem to have access times that are much more
> recent.
> Are they still being used somehow, or should I delete them?

You should delete those files.

I have learned that the BUFR/GRIB/MySQL scouring script, xcdscour, can miss
some files
whose names include dates that are outside of the scouring range being used.
This
results in old files being left on disk when they should be scoured.

I have also seen GRIB messages where the date stamp inside the message does not
match the runtime/valid time for the model run.  This can result in files with
seemingly
very old dates/times in their names or files with dates that are in the future.
I am not sure what to do about this just jet.

Ticket ID: XRR-599672
Department: Support McIDAS