[McIDAS #HNQ-544745]: Missing SYSKEY.DAT

Hi Angel,

Long time no hear!

re:
> My McIDAS setup has gone south cause it can't find SYSKEY.DAT. Not
> sure what happened to it, probably got scoured by accident when some
> other person was trying to free up some space on the LDM machine. How
> can I recreate it?

I believe that the file you want is SYSKEY.TAB, not SYSKEY.DAT.

Your Unidata McIDAS installation should still have the distributed copy of
SYSKEY.TAB in the ~mcidas/data directory.  If this file has not been deleted
(likely that it has not), simply copy (not move) it to the directory in which
McIDAS-XCD and ldm-mcidas decoders create their output.  If you don't recall
where this should be, run the following:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd $MCDATA
redirect.k LIST SYSKEY.TAB

This will tell you where your McIDAS installation expects to find the copy of
SYSKEY.TAB that will be updated by decoders.

> Thanks,

No worries.  I hope that things are going well for you!

Ticket ID: HNQ-544745
Department: Support McIDAS