[McIDAS #WIM-878966]: I have a McIDAS license. Where should I ask for support?

Hi Carlos,

re:
> Hello, I'm new using McIDAS. At work we have acquired a McIDAS license.

Very good.

> I'm already subscribed to Unidata because of my University. But I understand
> that McIDAS and Unidata are independent from each other.

The relationship between Unidata and McIDAS is that we are licensed by
the Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC) at the University of
Wisconsin at Madison, the originators and primary developers of
McIDAS, to distribute McIDAS to the education community worldwide.
In this sense, McIDAS and Unidata are not independent.

> I wanted to know about the questions regarding McIDAS: should I send my
> doubts to the Unidata-McIdas X mailing lists and/or directly to the McIDAS
> support?

You can send inquiries questions directly to:

Unidata McIDAS Support <address@hidden>

or to the Unidata-maintained McIDAS email list:

address@hidden.

I saw your post to the mcidas-x email list this morning.  I
will refrain from making comments in the hopes that some of
the folks at SSEC (who are members of the list) will respond
to you directly since they are the experts in the questions
you posed.

> Are those complementary or, somehow, the same thing?

These are complementary; they are not the same thing.

> Thank you very much,

No worries.

Ticket ID: WIM-878966
Department: Support McIDAS