[McIDAS #TTR-495389]: Slow access to local datasets through ADDE

Samuel,

re:
> I was able to execute this command, however I'm not sure if it worked
> correctly.
>
> Here is what the command returned:
>
> -bash-2.05b$ dsserve.k ADD NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT GINI TYPE=IMAGE
> DIRFILE=/data/ldm
> /pub/native/radar/composite/gini/n0r/1km/\\CURDAY/Level3_Composite_n0r_1km_\*.gini\"1
>  km N0R US Base Reflectivity Composite
> Unable to add NEXRCOMP to DATALOC table
> NEXRCOMP is already pointing at ADDE.CISE-NSF.GOV
>
> Group/Descriptor         Type  Format & Range     RT Comment
> ------------------------ ----- ------------------ -- --------------------
> NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT       IMAGE GINI
> DIRFILE=/data/ldm/pub/native/radar/composite/gini/n0r/1km/\CURDAY/Level3_Composite_n0r_1km_*.gini"1
> NEXRCOMP/2KN1P-NAT       IMAGE GINI                  2 km N1P US 1-hr Precip.
> Composite
> DIRFILE=/data/ldm/mcidas/images/NEXRCOMP/2km/n1p/n1p_*
> NEXRCOMP/4KNTP-NAT       IMAGE GINI                  4 km NTP US Storm Total
> Precip. Composite
> DIRFILE=/data/ldm/mcidas/images/NEXRCOMP/4km/ntp/ntp_*
> dsserve.k: done
> -bash-2.05b$

The comment "Unable to add NEXRCOMP to DATALOC table"... is telling you that you
have a client routing table entry for the NEXRCOMP dataset that is pointing at
adde.cise-nsf.gov.  When this is the case, the DSSERVE command will not change
your client routing table to point locally.

The DSSERVE listing, however, indicates that the command you entered was
accepted
by McIDAS.  However, the output you included in your email did _not_ include a
space
between gini and \".  I would rerun the command and add the space just to make
sure that
the definition is correct.

> P.S. There is no /data/ldm/pub directory.

If there is no /data/ldm/pub directory, why are you defining an ADDE dataset
definition
that will look for datafiles in the NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT directory there?

Finally, please note that with your client routing table for NEXRCOMP pointing
at
adde.cise-nsf.gov, you will continue to go to adde.cise-nsf.gov when requesting
displays of those images.  What you want to do is:

dataloc.k ADD NEXRCOMP LOCAL-DATA

Ticket ID: TTR-495389
Department: Support McIDAS