[McIDAS #TXX-128658]: security mcidas

Hi Tyn,

re:
> we're in the process of deploying mcidas for public access.

I assume that you mean that you are in the process of opening up access
to an ADDE server for public access.  True?

> I'm no
> expert, but can you send us some information that explains potential
> security issues?

There are no known security breaches related to access to a remote ADDE
server ** as long as the server is NOT run as 'root' **.  The good news
about how the ADDE server works is that connections will "fall on the floor"
(die/drop) if a request is received that is not valid.

Other than the above, I am not sure what else you might be looking for, but
I am willing to respond to any specific questions you might have.

Ticket ID: TXX-128658
Department: Support McIDAS