[McIDAS #OXG-395498]: conversion of lac level1b to area format

Hi Marc,

re:
> I read your comments on how CTP is retrieved either by using the technique of
> the weighting function or by the CO2 Absorption Technique. I also went to the
> sites you provided about the derived cloud products from the GOES sounders,

Very good.

> however, I only see real-time processed products. At this point, to save time,
> I was wondering if there could be a way to already look at the cloud top
> pressure
> product at specific times and at a specific location for example, in March 30
> 2000?

I do not know if SSEC/CIMSS maintains an archive of the CTP products that they
create.
Even if they did, would they cover the area you are interested in?

I can say with assurity that none of the CIMSS products that are available in
the UNIWISC IDD (Internet Data Distribution) feed are archived by us.

> If not then I think I will use my colleagues algorithm and Mcidas V to
> determine
> the CTP for my specific times and location.

I think you need to use your colleague's algorithm.  Just out of curiosity, how
does that algorithm determine cloud top pressure from a single band?

Ticket ID: OXG-395498
Department: Support McIDAS