[McIDAS #ICA-762524]: mcidas-V

Hi Randy and Jay,

First, it was great to see you both at the MUG meeting!  I had a good
time and got in some great discussions with folks while there...

re:
> well i successfully installed Mc-V on my linux box

This should have been very easy :-)

> Apparently, however, my version of mcidas-x (unidata version) does not
> have the MCLISTEN command. Do i need to be running SSEC mcidas-x to run Mc-V.

As noted during the meeting, SSEC's addendum, v2007a, is needed in order to
get mclisten.k.  I attempted to incorporate the SSEC addendum into my
distribution
right before I left for Madison, and ran into a problem: the list of files that
were changed for the addendum was incomplete/incorrect.  I will be slogging
through the full v2007a release (there was no incremental available at the time
I downloaded) to figure out what file(s) is(are) missing this weekend (likely
on Sunday).  As soon as I have things working (along with some other changes
I have made) I will be releasing an addendum to Unidata McIDAS.  The addendum
will be labeled v2007g.

I will let you know when the addendum is available and give you a 1-2-3 on how
to install it.  This will likely be on Monday.

Ticket ID: ICA-762524
Department: Support McIDAS