[ldmMcidas #WTM-677712]: McIDAS-XCD data doesn't seem to be filing

Hi Samuel,

re:
> O.K. xxx.xxx.xxx is now open on port 23 (telnet).

OK.  I am on and poking around now.  By the way, it would have been better
securitywise to open SSH access (open port 22 and run sshd on the machine).

> Please let me know when you are done looking at our system, so we can
> close this hole.

OK.

The first thing I saw was that the .bash_profile file in the 'mcidas' account
was owned by 'mcadde'.  I copied your file to ~mcidas/bash_profile.bak and
created a new copy with the settings I cut and pasted from the Unidata McIDAS
Users guide:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/PreparingthemcidasAccount.html#22841

I then 'sourced' the new file and am rebuilding McIDAs from scratch:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas
. .bash_profile
cd mcidas2007/src
make clobber
make all

So far, the build is proceeding normally.

The next thing that I found is that I can not run McIDAS executables (this is
before the new executables have been built/installed).  Here is an example:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd $MCDATA
tl.k
tl.k: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open

So, there is definitely something wrong with the previous build.  We'll see
if the new build fixes anything.

OK, McIDAS has been rebuilt.  McIDAS routines now run correctly (i.e., can find
shared MySQL library).

Next, I took a look at your LDM setup.  I see the following in
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf:

exec    "xcd_run MONITOR"
exec    "pqact -f FSL2|NLDN|NNEXRAD|UNIWISC etc/pqact.conf_mcidas"

This is OK as far as it goes, BUT there is no pattern-action file named
'pqact.conf_mcidas'!
So, I changed your ldmd.conf entries to match those indicated by 'mcxconfig':

... later ...

I am still making modifications to setups in the 'mcidas' and 'ldm' accounts.
In order to proceed, I need to know the password for the MySQL database.

Ticket ID: WTM-677712
Department: Support McIDAS