[McIDAS #HZP-657281]: Moving McIDAS-XCD server

Hi Hsie,

re:
> could you feed me NGRID data.  My LDM server is rainbow.al.noaa.gov.  I would
> watch it for a while to make sure the I/O is OK.

rainbow.al.noaa.gov is allowed to get all datastreams from the toplevel
IDD relay node we operate, idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  I see that you already added
a request for NGRID from idd.unidata.ucar.edu...

By the way, since we are both on BRAN, you should be able to consolidate
your feed requests without any increase in product latencies from your
idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

For instance, it is likely that you could consolidate the current request setup:

request WMO|FSL2 ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu PRIMARY
request UNIWISC ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu PRIMARY
request NIMAGE ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu PRIMARY
request FNEXRAD "^(rad/|pnga2area)" idd.unidata.ucar.edu PRIMARY
request NEXRAD ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu PRIMARY
request NGRID ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu PRIMARY
request CONDUIT ".*" conduit.fsl.noaa.gov PRIMARY

into:

request FNEXRAD|FSL2|UNIDATA ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
request NIMAGE|NNEXRAD|NGRID ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

(NB:  UNIDATA == UNIWISC|WMO)

This consolidation would result in 4 less downstream rpc.ldmd processes
running on rainbow.  If, as I suspect, this setup does not result in
increased product latencies, it would be more efficient for rainbow AND
for idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

Ticket ID: HZP-657281
Department: Support McIDAS