[McIDAS #PIS-666311]: McIDAS 2007 woes

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> Weather3 isn't processing surface data. I restarted the LDM, but that
> didn't help.

I just logged onto weather3.  Apparently when you ran mcxconfig you did
not specify that you wanted to decode data using XCD.  This is verified
by there being no XCD component to the pqact.conf_mcidas[AB] files
that were generated; no XCD-relevant entries in ~mcidas/data/LOCAL.NAM
(I hand added some when I thought that was the only problem); no
running of newly generated pqact.conf_mcidas[AB] files in ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf;
etc.

Since I am not exactly sure how you want things setup (meaning if you are
going to switch to the different filing structure), I would suggest that
you should rerun mcxconfig specifying all of the LDM processing that you want.
After you do that, I will be happy to log back on and make sure that all is
working as desired.

Ticket ID: PIS-666311
Department: Support McIDAS