[McIDAS #PIS-666311]: McIDAS 2007 woes

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> I tried to install McIDAS 2007 and XCD by myself. Within seconds of
> restarting the LDM after following the directions, I got the error below.

The error you got indicates that the directory that was to be scoured
did/does not exist.  If you are filing or decoding images into the
/home/data/mcidas/images/sat hierarchy, then they will be created by
the LDM.  As soon as they exist, they will be correctly scoured by
the crontab actions created for the user 'ldm'.

If you are decoding/filing into a different directory hierarchy, you
will need to adjust the crontab entry(ies) to reflect the directory
structure you are using.

> Also, could you check, on weather2 and weather3, that everything is set up
> correctly?

OK, I will take a look either tonight or tomorrow.

> I haven't done weather.admin.niu.edu yet, because I had a
> custom GUI menu with NASA data and I don't want to lose that. How do I
> save that so that I can get it installed on weather?

If/how you should save your custom setup depends on what you did for
the setup.  If you created new image datasets that are to be used
by the MCGUI by creating the file $MCDATA/ADDEIMAGE.USER, then you will
not lose your work in an upgrade.  If you did something else, you may
or may not lose your work.  I will take a look when I get a chance,
but it would be helpful if you gave me a brief description of what
I should be looking for/at.

> Thanks for any and all help, as always!

No worries.

By the way, do you ever use McIDAS for GRID/GRIB data?  The reason I
ask is that the GRIB ADDE server is very nice and fast.  It may be worth
some time to investigate its use _if_ you access GRID/GRIB data via McIDAS.

Ticket ID: PIS-666311
Department: Support McIDAS