[McIDAS #PXW-454626]: Unidata McIDAS-X v2007 downloads

Hi,

Our web statistics show that you downloaded Unidata McIDAS-X v2007
sometime between August 7-10.  Since I have made several important
changes to the distribution since then, I urge you to re-download
and re-build the distribution.

The easiest way to accomplish this is:

<login to your workstation as the user 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas
-- download McIDAS-X v2007 via the web or FTP

cd ~mcidas/mcidas2007/src
make clobber

cd ~mcidas
./mcunpack
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2007/src
make all
make install.all

cd $MCDATA
mcxconfig

The last step has you run the v2007 McIDAS-X/-XCD configuration
script, mcxconfig.  This script will lead you through the process
of configuring McIDAS.  It will also create files of information
that can be used to configure the LDM to ingest and process data
for McIDAS:

ldmd.conf_mcidas
pqact.conf_mcidasA
pqact.conf_mcidasB
crontab.ldm_mcidas

Please review:

Unidata McIDAS-X v2007 Release Announcement
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/release.html

ABCs of Upgrading from a Previous Distribution
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/upgrade_notes.html

Installing McIDAS-X on Unix or Mac OS X Workstations
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/InstallingMcIDAS-XonUnixorMacOSXWorkstations.html

for additional information.

Please let me know if you run into any snags with the new distribution.