[McIDAS #KNL-950064]: McIDAS on OS X... which gcc compiler?

Hi Tom,

Another comment "for the files":

I ran into a problem building McIDAS-XCD on buran earlier today.  This
problem _should_ be the same on PPC and Intel-based Macs:

- there is a name clash for the m0wmodec.for and M0wmodec.c routines.
  I worked around this by remaning the Fortran source file m0wmodecf.for
  and changing the makefile appropriately

The name clash is a result of Macs not paying attention to the case
in module source names and, I believe, in entry point names.

I will be cross-checking the SSEC distribution to see if they came
up with a compiler option that takes care of this problem.

For now, the build on buran is custom.

I look forward to hearing your comments after trying some tests
of McIDAS from the system console!

Ticket ID: KNL-950064
Department: Support McIDAS