[Support #ARA-684823]: ADDE access to remote servers

Hi Julia,

re:
> The IMGCOPY I used is IMGCOPY EAST/CONUS.2829 TEST/MYGOES.2829 BAND=1
> DOC=YES OVERRIDE=YES SIZE=SAME
>
> So, I think the AREA file I copied to local disk has the 10-bit data,
> which is represented by 2-byte, because I used SIZE=SAME. Right?

Correct.  You can see this for yourself by running IMGLIST:

IMGLIST TEST/MYGOES.2829 FORM=ALL

re: do some searching to see what the satellite researchers are doing with the
GOES visible data
> Yes, I am working on that. I am trying to get calibration information from
> NOAA. And meanwhile, I noticed that people use different
> calibration equations to adapt to their research.

re: black display of EAST/CONUS image
> It is very strange to me. I found the EAST/CONUS image of 22:40 UTC. But
> it still doesn't display. This is the image:
>
> 2775  G-12 IMG      25 MAR 07084  22:40:00    32 87
> Band: 1    0.65 um VIS Cloud and Surface Features    1.32  0.61  3460 x 8504
>
> And I used
>
> IMGDISP EAST/CONUS.2775 BAND=1
> Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 310016
> IMGDISP: loaded frame  1
> IMGDISP: done

There is nothing wrong with this IMGDISP invocation.

> It should be loaded to frame 1. But frame 1 is pure black. Is there
> anything wrong with the configuration?

I don't think so.  One comment, however.  The upper left hand portion of the
image is looking off in space.  If your frame size is small enough, your
image load would only be looking at the space data.  To test to see if
this is your problem, please run:

IMGDISP EAST/CONUS.2275 EU=IMAGE BAND=1 MAG=-4

I just ran this, and the image displayed with no problems.

Ticket ID: ARA-684823
Department: Support McIDAS