[McIDAS #LDE-412096] 20070302: missing modules when make(ing) all (cont.)

>From: HansPeter Roesli <address@hidden>

Hi HP,

re:
>McIDAS
>I have finally figured out the what the missing module would be. A good
>run in the forest and your query of Fedora helped. The "dlevel" did the
>trick and I found the relevant module in the distribution. This has
>nowbrought the build to the next obstacle. Below you find the final part
>of makelog. The flex problem appears to be a non-problem. But what is
>yacc. Cannot find it on the DVD.

OK.  Here are the results for 'rpm -q -f' for yacc, lex, and flex
on my home Fedora Core 6 machine:

# rpm -q -f /usr/bin/yacc
byacc-1.9-29.2.2

# rpm -q -f /usr/bin/lex
flex-2.5.4a-41.fc6

# rpm -q -f /usr/bin/flex
flex-2.5.4a-41.fc6

You might want to search a site like:

http://www.rpmfind.com

To find the package(s) you need.

Also, since SuSE is from Novell, I would suspect that the Novell site
would have all of the packages available for SuSE.

>Burkina Faso
>Yes, I know about that. It was briefly discussed during a coordination
>meeting of our team Tuesday this week (me on the phone). I did somehow
>suggest (rather with the tongue in te cheek) that tis might be an
>opportunity for me, but Volker did not react.

I wonder if my independent suggestion to him will sway his thinking.

>He rather proposed that I
>would do a bundle or so to be used at the conference, which have already
>planned to do in any case.

Excellent, thanks!

>Neither was it mentioned qat the meeting that
>Henk would go. So, that's where we are.

I just learned of this today in an email sent to me by Henk.

>Cheers and have ood skiing during the weekend, HP

If I do any skiing this weekend it will likely be cross country around
my neighborhood here in the Colorado foothills.  I never go downhill
on the weekend as it is too crowded for my taste.

>if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../hdf/src -I../../hdf/src
>-I../../mfhdf/libsrc -I../../mfhdf/port -I../libsrc -I../../hdf/src
>-I../../mfhdf/libsrc -I../../mfhdf/port -I../libsrc -DNDEBUG -DHDF
>-I/usr/include/rpc -DNDEBUG -Df2cFortran
>-I/home/mcidas/mcidas2006/hdf/../zlib
>-I/home/mcidas/mcidas2006/hdf/../jpeg -DSWAP   -O -O3
>-fomit-frame-pointer -MT main.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/main.Tpo" \
>  -c -o main.o `test -f 'main.c' || echo './'`main.c; \
>then mv -f ".deps/main.Tpo" ".deps/main.Po"; \
>else rm -f ".deps/main.Tpo"; exit 1; \
>fi
>/bin/sh /home/mcidas/mcidas2006/hdf/bin/missing --run flex ./ncgen.l
>/home/mcidas/mcidas2006/hdf/bin/missing: line 46: flex: command not found
>WARNING: `flex' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
>         you modified a `.l' file.  You may need the `Flex' package
>         in order for those modifications to take effect.  You can get
>         `Flex' from any GNU archive site.
>mv lex.yy.c ncgenyy.c
>yacc -d ./ncgen.y
>make[3]: yacc: Command not found
>make[3]: *** [ncgentab.c] Error 127
>make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/mcidas/mcidas2006/hdf/mfhdf/ncgen'
>make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mcidas/mcidas2006/hdf/mfhdf'
>make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mcidas/mcidas2006/hdf'
>make    /home/mcidas/mcidas2006/hdf:    FAILED

This snippit shows that you really don't need flex/lex since there are
no modifications to any .l file.  So, you should be looking for an
RPM for yacc for SuSE 10.x.