[McIDAS #YRE-448128]: McIDAS-X software

Hi Nick,

re:
> We are a non-profit, all-volunteer based organization dedicated to
> preserving the tradition of Tibetan Buddhism through, in large part,
> restoring sacred texts and art to the Tibetans.  Each year we produce
> hundreds of thousands of books for free distribution to the Tibetans to
> support their education, they themselves having lost almost all resources in
> the events of the last half century.
>
> Recently, extremely rare texts, lost to the Tibetans for centuries, have
> become available on microfiche.  We are scanning these low-quality fiche and
> will create high-quality books to distribute in the coming years.  We seek
> software that will enhance the scanned images and have found none better
> than the demonstrations of McIDAS.  We would be greatly appreciative if we
> could use the software for this wholly non-commercial use.

Since McIDAS is an application designed in large part to deal with satellite
imagery, I believe you must be thinking about a different package.  If you
believe that McIDAS is the package you are seeking, please let us know why
you think it can do the job you outline above.

> Thank you for your consideration.

Ticket ID: YRE-448128
Department: Support McIDAS