[McIDAS #WZP-303376]: FW: McIDAS ADDE HDF DAAC

Hi Tyn,

re:
> can you forward this to the mcidas user group as it bounces back..

No need to forward the message.  SSEC/MUG sent the following note
regarding compressed HDF yesterday:

  These problems should be fixed in the next fastrack release of McIDAS-X,
  which will be version 2006B and should be available on the McIDAS web
  site by the end of the week.

  - Becky

I havn't checked their web site yet, but I will tomorrow.

If you can't wait for the patch, you can try a workaround suggested by
another McIDAS user:

  I have run into the same issue.  To get around this problem, the hdf's
  must be uncompressed using the "hrepack" utility.
  http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/tools/hrepack/hrepack.html

  In my scripts, I use the following syntax:

  hrepack -i infile.hdf -o outfile.hdf -t '*:NONE'

  This seems to work, as the McIDAS deals with the unpacked file as
  quickly as it did with previous MODIS radiance hdf's from the DAAC.

By the way, the reason you can't post to the SSEC mcidas-users list is
you are not a member.  In order to be a member, your organization would
have to join the MUG and pay the yearly fees for SSEC McIDAS support.
This can get expensive depending on the number of workstations McIDAS
is being run on in your organization.

Ticket ID: WZP-303376
Department: Support McIDAS