[McIDAS #EIJ-330346]: McIDAS GRID file problem

Hi Mark,

Very quick update:

I saw the GRIDnnnn file for MISC grids reach its maximum size yesterday on
two of my test machines, one running FreeBSD 4.10 and the other Fedora Core 5.
Evidently there are too many grids being put into the MISC category (the SCRATCH
designation in ~mcidas/workdata/RTMODELS.CFG).  When the GRID file reaches
the maximum size, the next grid write attempt will screw-up the GRID file
header making it look like there is only one grid in the GRID file even though
the GRID file size is 2 GB.  I believe (but have not tested) that the
"solution" is one of the following two options:

- exclude more grids from decoding
- create a new output set for a portion of the grids now being filed
  in the MISC files (GRID5001 - GROD5010)

Unfortunately, I don't have much if any time to test this today as I am helping
out in the LDM training workshop.

Ticket ID: EIJ-330346
Department: Support McIDAS