[McIDAS #ZWY-825020]: McIDAS - tclcomp failed to build

Hi Hajo,

re:
> during the build i sync the fs every second. At least the latest build
> for marianne with SSEC source finished without problem.

Your syncing the FS every second is most likely the reason that
your builds suceed some of the time.

Also, if your machine is _slow_ enough, the build will always succeed.
The machine I use at home, a old P4 1.5 Ghz box running Fedora Core 5,
is just slow enough that my builds succeed without resorting to sleeps
in mcar.sh.  The machines I have available at work and the new boxes
being used in the Unidata community, however, are now fast enough
that builds routinely fail due to the 'ar' sync problem.  My addition
of sleeps after 'ar' invocations in mcar.sh was a simple minded
approach to making things work consistently.

> Also Marianne has downloaded the latest version from Unidata and i will
> implement either SSEC or Unidata source in the near future.

Please give the Unidata distribution a try _without_ syncing the
FS.  I think you will find that every thing works without error.

> Thanks again

No worries.

Ticket ID: ZWY-825020
Department: Support McIDAS