[McIDAS #TXI-564922]: Re: 20060804: Unidata McIDAS-X/XCD v2006 is now available

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> OK. I saved them in /home/mcidas/backup. So I typed, in
> /home/mcidas/backup:
>
> cp ADDESERVER.CORE ADDESERVER.CORE.BACKUP
> mv ADDESERVER.CORE.BACKUP /home/mcidas/workdata (so far so good)
> cd /home/mcidas/workdata
> mcguiReform.tcl ADDESERVER.CORE.BACKUP ADDESERVER.CORE
>
> mcguiReform.TCL: Command not found.
>
> Hmmm. What's up with that?

If you had an existing 'mcidas' login and your SHELL is the C shell, you
probably
need to do a 'rehash'.

For reference, I just logged onto weather.admin.niu.edu as 'mcidas' and did the
following:

<as 'mcidas' on weather.admin.niu.edu.
which mcguiReform.tcl
/home/mcidas/bin/mcguiReform.tcl

cd workdata

mcguiReform.tcl ADDESERVER.CORE.BACKUP ADDESERVER.SITE
unmatched open brace in list
    while executing
"llength $line"
    ("foreach" body line 10)
    invoked from within
"foreach line $input {

  if { [string length $line] == 0 } {
    lappend output $line
  } else {
    set line1 [string toupper $line 0 2]
    if { [st..."
    (file "/home/mcidas/bin/mcguiReform.tcl" line 30)

I thought that this was weird until I looked at the contents of
your ~mcidas/workdata/ADDESERVER.CORE.BACKUP.  Here are the first few
lines:

REM ADDE Servers by Group

CIMSS { \
    PAPAGAYO.UNL.EDU \
    CACIMBO.GGY.UGA.EDU \
    PSCWX.PLYMOUTH.EDU \
    WEATHER2.ADMIN.NIU.EDU \
    WEATHER3.ADMIN.NIU.EDU \
    STRATUS.AL.NOAA.GOV \
    ATM.GEO.NSF.GOV \
    ADDE.UCAR.EDU \
    LOCAL-DATA
}

This is the wrong file!  mnguiReform.tcl reformats the entries in an image
display defaults file.  This would include the ADDEIMAGE.CORE.NIU and
ADDEIMAGE.USER
files in ~mcidas/workdata.

> (Did thison weather.admin, the only machine
> which has modifications). I want to change that file, and ADDEIMAGE.CORE.
> What am I doing wrong here?

See above.

> Stuck for now...sigh.

Here is what happens when I run the following command:

<still as 'mcidas' from the ~mcidas/workdata directory>
mcguiReform.tcl ADDEIMAGE.USER ADDEIMAGE.new
Writing ADDEIMAGE.new ...

less ADDEIMAGE.new

REM -------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM
REM Name:    ADDEIMAGE.USER
REM
REM Purpose: Define defaults for loading of McIDAS imagery by the ALOOP
REM            command.
G8-GHCC SERVERS=LOCAL-DATA
REM Descriptor   GUI Label                          Frame  Load   Location
Mag     Map(s)              Mcol  Wid   Mbrk Enh     Strtch  BarLab BarSU
discreteG8-GHCC/VIS ALL=#?VFRMS LINELE=700 864 PLACE=C MAG=-2 -2 EU=IMAGE SU=X
SF=YES REFRESH='EG (GRA);MAP FILE=OUTLUSAM OUTLCNTY GRA=(GRA) MCOL=1 5 WID=1
MBRK=4;BAR (GRA) SU=X X COL=7'
G8-GHCC/IR5 ALL=#?HFRMS LINELE=350 432 PLACE=C MAG=1 1 EU=H2O SU=X SF=YES
REFRESH='EG (GRA);MAP FILE=OUTLUSAM OUTLCNTY GRA=(GRA) MCOL=1 5 WID=1
MBRK=6;BAR (GRA) SU=H2OTEMP X COL=7'
G8-GHCC/IR2 ALL=#?IFRMS LINELE=700 864 PLACE=C MAG=-2 -2 EU=IMAGE SU=X SF=YES
REFRESH='EG (GRA);MAP FILE=OUTLUSAM OUTLCNTY GRA=(GRA) MCOL=1 5 WID=1
MBRK=4;BAR (GRA) SU=IRTEMP X COL=7'

RTNOWRAD SERVERS=LOCAL-DATA
REM Descriptor   GUI Label                          Frame  Load   Location
Mag     Map(s)              Mcol  Wid   Mbrk Enh     Strtch  BarLab BarSU
discreteRTNOWRAD/2KM ALL=#?MFRMS LINELE=918 1830 PLACE=C MAG=-4 -4 EU=BREF SU=X
SF=YES REFRESH='EG (GRA);MAP FILE=OUTLUSAM OUTLCNTY GRA=(GRA) MCOL=1 8 WID=1 1
MBRK=1;BAR (GRA) SU=BREF X COL=7'
RTNOWRAD/8KM ALL=#?MFRMS LINELE=240 384 PLACE=C MAG=1 1 EU=BREF SU=X SF=YES
REFRESH='EG (GRA);MAP FILE=OUTLUSAM OUTLCNTY GRA=(GRA) MCOL=1 8 WID=1 1
MBRK=2;BAR (GRA) SU=BREF X COL=7'

You would now need to:

- edit ADDEIMAGE.new and set the list of servers that support the G8-GHCC and
RTNOWRAD
  datasets

- rename ADDEIMAGE.new to ADDEIMAGE.USER

- stop and restart McIDAS/MCGUI or use the Configure dropdown in MCGUI to load
  in the image defaults in the manner I indicated in my previous email

NOTE CAREFULLY:  do NOT the files you want to convert in your $MCDATA directory.
  After converting them, either delete the orginals or move them off into
  a backup directory somewhere.  This is important!

Ticket ID: TXI-564922
Department: Support McIDAS