[McIDAS #PMA-931783]: Mcidas question

Hi Randy,

re:
> I have an SGI box running Suse linux. Specifically sles9 for ia64
> architecture.
>
> Can I run Mcidas on this box.

We do not run SuSE Linux here at the UPC, but I do have at least one site
that is using it on a 32-bit machine successfully.  I also know that EUMETSAT
uses SuSE.

General comment:  I have had sites run McIDAS on a variety of Linuxes including:

RedHat
Fedora Core
Slackware
SuSE
Knoppix
Connectiva
Mandriva

Since we run Fedora Core here in Unidata, and since I also run this at home,
I have the most experience with it.  My work machine is a dual 3.2 Ghz Xeon
EM64T machine (64-bit), and I can say that McIDAS runs nicely on it.  I
can't imagine that the SSEC distribution would be much different.

Ticket ID: PMA-931783
Department: Support McIDAS