[Support #SOF-105108]: McIDAS AREA files with PNG compression II

Hi Bas,

re:
> Some other work I had to do last week delayed my attempt to include
> on-the-fly PNG decompression to McIDAS. However, now I am fully working
> on it again.

OK.

> In the process of creating a png_decompress function that returns the
> decompressed result in a memory block (and not in a file), I discovered
> the following:
> The parameters SATANNOT and SATBAND that the user could supply as an
> optional parameter to pnga2area and area2png are not used at all in the
> process.
> Could you please inform me if this is correct?

That is correct.  SATANNOT and SATBAND values are only used in the
output file naming process.  Both area2png and pnga2area support
the use of command line mnemonics that direct the code to extract
values from the AREA file header, interpret them using values from
SATANNOT and SATBAND, and use them in the creation of the name of
the output file.

> My version of the pnga2area and area2png source code is the one
> corresponding to ldm-mcidas-2004.

The source code you are working with is current.

> --
> Ir. V. (Bas) Retsios
> Software Developer
> IT Department, Sector Remote Sensing & GIS
> International Institute for Geo-information Science and Earth Observation
> (ITC)
> P.O. Box 6,  7500 AA Enschede, The Netherlands
> Phone +31 (0)53 4874 573, telefax +31 (0)53 4874 335
> E-mail address@hidden, Internet http://www.itc.nl

Ticket ID: SOF-105108
Department: Support McIDAS