[McIDAS #LPP-595939]: Problems with NLDNDISP

Hi Christian,

re:
> When trying to display lightning data in McIDAS usign NDLNDISP, I obtain:
> NLDNDISP - Begin
> pipe read: Connection reset by peer.

What ADDE server are you using for the NLDN lightning data (i.e.,
what is the output from 'DATALOC LIST RTPTSRC')?

If it is not your own ADDE server, you should not expect to get the data
(the NLDN data distribution is limited to point-to-point feeds
from SUNY Albany to the receiving site).

> I can display satellite data without any problem.
>XCD says that lightning data has been read correctly.

The NLDN lightning data is not processed by XCD, so I am uncertain
where this comment comes from.  The ldm-mcidas decoder, nldn2md, is
used to convert NLDN lightning data received from SUNY Albany into
McIDAS MD file format.  The McIDAS ADDE POINT server can then be
configured to provide access to the data locally.  ADDE servers
are _not_ supposed to provide this data to machine outside of
the user's campus.

Ticket ID: LPP-595939
Department: Support McIDAS