[IDD #NOY-159685]: LDM on allegan is dying

Hi John,

re:
> Thanks Tom,

No worries.

> We had moved /data/mcidas to /webcat1 when the file system filled up
> to 100% on allegan, we were also seeing some disk errors from the disk
> so we have another larger disk on the way.   I tested that root, ldm, and
> mcidas had write access to the new directory but obviously I must have
> missed something.

It was odd...  The /webcat file system showed that it should be writable
by 'ldm' and 'mcidas', but writes never succeeded.  I did the following
as both 'ldm' and 'mcidas':

touch /webcat/xxx

The process would hang, not fail.

> The data is not shared with webcat it is simply located on webcat as the
> largest immediately available space.

I just wanted to make sure that /webcat1 was not shared between allegan
and webcat AND being written to by McIDAS-XCD decoders on both machines.
This would be _bad_.

> I have moved /data/mcidas back to the local /data disk for the time
> being although I am concerned that the disk space may fill up again
> before we get the disk swapped out. I am hoping that the new larger
> disk will arrive today and we can have it swapped out before the file
> system fills up.

OK.

> Thank you so much for all of your help!!!

No worries.

Ticket ID: NOY-159685
Department: Support IDD